We are continuing to look at the Libertarian Party platform.
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON ENVIRONMENT
- GALE NORTON is ‘giant leap’ for environmental sense. (Jan 2001)
- Government is the worst polluter. (Nov 2000)
- The parties responsible for pollution should be held liable. (Jul 2000) (The upper management level people in the Environmental Protection Agency would have to be dismissed, so the field agents reports would not be re-written during the administrative approval process).
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON FAMILY AND CHILDREN
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON FOREIGN POLICY
- Tyranny around the world must be condemned. (Jul 2000)
- No U.S. intervention in the affairs of other countries. (Jul 2000) (Can't have it both ways. There are times when there is no other choice. We spent way too many years "condemning tyranny", and I just know those words struck fear in the hearts of Third-World dicatators everywhere! Yeah, right!)
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON FREE TRADE
- Remove governmental impediments to free trade. (May 2008)
- Prosperity will come from unrestricted free markets. (Jul 2000)
- Abolish all trade barriers and agreements. (Jul 2000) (As I've said before, we've experienced the consequences of so-called "free trade" already, mainly in the loss of manufacturing in the U.S.) China
- Abolish all trade barriers and trade agreements. (Jul 2000) (Bill Clinton already gave Most Favored Nation status to Red China - one of our chief enemies. Any nation that is NOT one of our allies, should NEVER have Most Favored Nation status for ANY reason. But then, it's all about the money, so PRINCIPLE went right out the window).
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON GOVERNMENT REFORM
- Repeal laws which restrict voluntary financing of campaigns. (May 2008)
- The government should keep “hands off” the economy. (Jul 2000)
- Abolish the Department of Energy. (Jul 2000)
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON GUN CONTROL
- Affirm the right to keep and bear arms. (May 2008)
- Repeal all gun control laws and regulation of weapons. (Jul 2000)
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON HEALTHCARE
- Restore and revive a free market health care system. (May 2008)
- Government should not be in the health insurance business. (Jul 2000) (I certainly agree on this one - ANYTHING the government tries to run ends up being a huge, costly, bureaucratic mess that doesn't accomplish what it was intended to do).
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON HOMELAND SECURITY
- Military should defend against aggression; not world police. (May 2008)
- Reduce defense spending by half; just defend the US. (Nov 2000)
- Build missile defense privately, with federal “reward”. (Nov 2000)
- Oppose any form of national service. (Jul 2000)
- Eliminate nuclear weapons & bring all U.S. troops home. (Jul 2000)
- Support resistance to the draft. (Aug 1981) (These are all "isolationist" policies, proven by history to be disastrous to national security. Isolationism got us Pearl Harbor).
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON IMMIGRATION
Eliminate all restrictions on immigration. (Jul 2000) (Also disastrous to national security. This would allow terrorists to just walk in here freely).
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON JOBS
- Union activity by choice only. (Jul 2000)
- No welfare & no restrictions on work. (Jul 2000)
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON PRINCIPLES & VALUES
- Encourage individual freedom without government interference. (Jul 2000)
- Church and state should be completely separate. (Jul 2000)
- No taxation or regulation of private property. (Jul 2000)
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON SOCIAL SECURITY
- Replace the Social Security system with a private system. (May 2008)
- Privatize Social Security. (Jul 2000) (While it's true private enterprise can do things much more efficiently than government, but when you mix government and private enterprise, the result is always a mess).
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON TAX REFORM
- Repeal the income tax and abolish the IRS. (May 2008)
- Repeal all income taxes, & the 16th Amendment. (Jul 2000) (This is just a feel good vote-getter. Common sense says the government has to have income to function. I agree with repealing the 16th Amendment, abolish the IRS, and eliminate the income tax system as it is now. The system needs to be changed to a flat tax or a national sales tax. Either way, the tax burden on all of us would be much, much lighter, ALL of our paycheck would come home, and either system would be a windfall for the government).
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON TECHNOLOGY
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON WAR & PEACE
LIBERTARIAN PARTY ON WELFARE & POVERTY
This finishes the Libertarian Party platform except for the analysis and graph. That's next time (sort of like Wayne Brady on DON'T FORGET THE LYRICS, "we'll find out right after the break"!!!)
|free website hit counter code|